Using Adobe® Fireworks® to Convert Color Images to Black & White
Microsoft® Paint and many free graphic programs have limited features and are not sufficient for properly formatting an image for a rubber stamp. Adobe® Fireworks® is an easy-to-use and affordable program that you can downloaded for a free 30-day trial.
Steps to convert a color image to black and white using Fireworks®:
- Open your file
- Display the following windows by selecting each one from the Windows drop-down menu. They are properly selected when a checkmark appears next to them:
- Choose the Optimize settings as shown (ATRS accepts .bmp, .gif, .jpg and .png files. We are using .gif for this example):
- Make each option match as illustrated below
- Dither should be set to 100%
- Under the File Menu choose Export
- Type a filename and click save
- Note: You should choose to export the file not simply save it. Saving the file creates a Fireworks® .png file which contains a lot of unneccesary information and increases the upload size.
Preview your new monochrome file by viewing it in Fireworks®:
You can use this image to make a custom rubber stamp by adding text or just use the artwork as is.
Other helpful hints for converting to a monochrome format:
- Choose images with a high contrasting background (the background colors are different than focal objects). Use a graphic or photo where the background is a different color than the main objects
- Use high quality photos that are in focus and not overexposed
- Crop the image to contain only the area you want to make a stamp
Note: There are other graphic programs you can use to get the same results, just make sure that whatever program you choose that it has dithering capabilities.
Account number 6-176-8800000000.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
You are being served by WEB07
Copyright ©2013 Addicted To Rubber Stamps®.
All Rights Reserved.